Careers – RGPC – Assistant Engineer
Posted Date – 02/24/2022
Location – Fort Worth, TX
The Assistant Engineer position is based out of the RGPC corporate office in Fort Worth, TX. The Assistant Engineer will have a role in each of the RGPC subsidiary operations on a day to day basis. This role functions in a fast-paced, demanding environment to ensure engineering-services objectives and internal support is garnered, including, Purchasing, Real Estate, Marketing and Operations are met or exceeded in linking project management to project to date close. The Assistant Engineer reports to the Director of Engineering in the Engineering Department at the corporate office.
- Administer, supervise and coordinate all maintenance, construction, inspection and operation of bridges and structures, both operating and capital functions.
- Day to day and long range planning, budgeting, discipline, safety programs and auditing.
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure a safe and efficient maintenance operation.
- Address technical training, safety training, follow up on safety issues, maintain contact with field personnel and help enhance overall quality and safety guidelines.
- Capital Budget Preparation
- Operating Budget Input for MOW
- Capital Project Management Including:
- Contract Negotiations and Review
- Project Scheduling
- Material Specification and Ordering
- Construction Planning
- Construction Supervision/Inspection
- Project Accounting, including budget review and invoicing if necessary
- Wireline/Pipeline/Utility/Real Estate Review
- Provide review of proposed RGPC customer project concepts and plans.
- AutoCAD design to include conceptual track design, conceptual maps and miscellaneous other drawings
- Grant estimation, writing, submitting, and administration
- Support on-site railroad maintenance of way employees as necessary
- Assist with Compliance in 49CFR’s 213, 214, 219, 234 and 237 (243 when implemented)
- Assist working with public agencies on interdependent projects.
- Any other items that are deemed necessary by the Director of Engineering
- Typical workdays are Monday thru Friday, but must be available for emergencies
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and holidays as the RGPC is a 24/7/365 work environment
- Normal reporting location will be an office, but travel and outdoor work is also required
- There will be on-call situations involved with this position
- Travel is required to RGPC subsidiaries
- A Bachelor’s degree in construction management or an engineering program or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and project management tools.
- Ability to use Computer Aided Drafting programs such as AutoCAD (or the willingness to learn)
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and time-management skills
- Ability to accurately express engineering terminology in written and oral communication
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to handle deadlines
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Authorization to work in the US without company sponsorship now AND in the future
- Valid Driver’s License
Required Background Investigation:
- Criminal history
- Last 7 years of driving history
- Last 5 years of employment history to include military service
- Social Security number
Apply for this job now.