Careers – Idaho Northern and Pacific Railroad – Track Laborer
Track Laborer (TL)
Reports To: Track Foreman
Posted Date – 5/16/2023
Location – Emmett, Idaho
Position Type – Full-time
Department: Maintenance of Way
Positions Supervised: N/A
The TL is responsible for general right of way and station inspection, upkeep, and maintenance on the railroad corridor.
The Trackman performs duties assigned in the daily inspection, remedial repair, and programmed improvement of track and structures. This includes the inspection and repair of the basic track components, such as the rail, fastenings, ties, and ballast. Also included are fences, bridges, culverts, road crossings and line crossings with other railroads. The Trackman works individually, or as a member of a section or gang to overcome defects or deviations from prescribed track standards in order to maintain a physical plant which will be safe for train operations and efficient with respect to available company resources.
The TL is responsible for right of way maintenance to include:
- Trash clean up and removal
- Vegetation control with power equipment such as mowers and weed eaters
- Soil stabilization efforts which require moving dirt, placing concrete and rip-rap
- Repairing fence panels
- Replacing right of way signage
- Graffiti Remediation
The TL is responsible for track maintenance to include:
- Repairing track and switch deviations in accordance with the FRA Track Safety Standards
- Operating small machinery and power tools
- Assisting in case of emergency, derailment, or crossing incident.
- Any other additional duties as designated by the Track Foreman, Track Supervisor or Project Manager.
- Authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Ability to speak English in a clear, concise manner in order to communicate with coworker(s) and supervisor(s).
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, contractors and/or customers and effectively handle conflict situations.
- Must be able to read and comprehend regulations and instructions as well as possess good verbal communication skills.
- Must be capable of performing physically strenuous work on a continuous basis.
- Ability to perform heavy physical labor.
- Previous Maintenance of Way, railroad and heavy machine operation is preferred.
- Heavy lifting is required up to 100 pounds.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required.
Qualified applicants will be considered for vacancies without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by prevailing state and federal laws, regulations and ordinances
Apply for this job now.