Maintenance of Way Crewman
Posted Date – 10/12/2017
Location – Emmett,ID
Position Type – Full-time
The Idaho Northern & Pacific Railroad Company (INPR), is a 120-mile property composed of two former Union Pacific Railroad branch lines operating in southwestern Idaho and northeastern Oregon. The INPR serves and switches customers in Southwestern Idaho. Shipments are predominately forest products, agricultural products and chemicals. INPR is wholly-owned by Rio Grande Pacific Corporation.
The Idaho Northern and Pacific Railroad is seeking an individual who has a desire to work in the transportation field as a maintenance of way (MOW) associate. This position is responsible for maintenance of the track infrastructure including: construction, inspection and repair of the track, and other railroad properties and facilities; operation of the equipment used in these tasks, and, in some cases, maintenance of that equipment; and travel and work within assigned geographic area. Must be able to lift and carry up to 100 pounds frequently.
- Authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Ability to speak English in a clear, concise manner in order to communicate with coworker(s) and supervisor(s).
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, contractors and/or customers and effectively handle conflict situations.
- Must be able to read and comprehend regulations and instructions as well as possess good verbal communication skills.
- Must be capable of performing physically strenuous work on a continuous basis.
- Ability to perform heavy physical labor.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Previous Maintenance of Way work experience preferred.
Qualified applicants will be considered for vacancies without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by prevailing state and federal laws, regulations and ordinances