Position: Forklift Operator
Location: Rio Grande Pacific- Industrial Rail Switching – Taylor, TX.
Supervisor: Operations Manager
Salary: Commensurate with Experience- $18.00- $22.00
Summary: Inspect, operate, and maintains forklifts, company vehicles, and equipment, and other duties as assigned. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Operate and manage industrial trucks to load and unload materials from railcars.
• Load and unload materials from trucks.
• Move materials to and from storage areas and loading docks around railroad tracks and yards.
• Identify workplace hazards.
• Assist in other minor railroad related job duties.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Valid driver’s license required.
• Proficiency in operating technical machinery
• Good physical condition.
• Good organizational skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Develop and maintain positive working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, contractors and/or customers and effectively handle conflict situations.
• Must be able to read and comprehend regulations and instructions as well as possess good verbal communication skills.
• While performing the duties of this job, regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch/crawl and talk or hear. Frequently required to climb or balance. Must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Qualified applicants will be considered for vacancies without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by prevailing state and federal laws, regulations and ordinances.