Careers – Industrial Rail Services – Automobile Loader
Posted Date – 2/10/2022
Location – Rio Grande Pacific- Industrial Rail Services- Taylor, TX (2)
Supervisor – Director of Train Operations
Salary – Commensurate with Experience
Job Summary: The Auto Ramp Worker/Loader is responsible for the safe and quality handling of customer and company property. Specifically, the movement of vehicles on/off railroad equipment. This position works outside in all types of weather, driving, loading, and unloading vehicles to and from rail cars. Competitive wages and excellent benefits along with profit sharing. Come join our team!
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Must safely adjust rail cars to set up loading of vehicles into rail cars. This requires bending, squatting, leaning and moving plates to span rail cars together.
- Must safely move vehicles on the rail car to set up for pick up or shipment.
- Must safely secure and chock vehicle to prevent shifting of vehicles during transit. This requires bending, squatting, and working in tight spaces.
- Works outside in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and overtime as needed including weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and holidays.
- Works in tight and narrow spaces.
- Lead/participate job briefings with the Supervisors and crew prior to work beginning.
- Ensures compliance is met under OSHA/AAR Regulations. This would include reporting any incidents to the supervisory immediately. This position is required to wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE), such as safety vest, safety glasses, hearing protection and safety toe boots, when applicable.
- Participates in daily safety briefings.
- Inspect all rail equipment and vehicles to ensure there is no damage and notify the operator and supervisor immediately if damage found.
- Handle all rail equipment and vehicles in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintain awareness and organization within the auto yard, to include an attention to the ground surface (potholes, debris and/or slippery conditions).
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Must be able to work in outside conditions (Cold, Snow, Rain, Heat)
- Must be able to climb up and down ladders (not afraid of heights)
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. over your head
- Must be able to bend and kneel
- Must have and maintain a positive attitude, have great attendance, a respect for safety culture
Qualified applicants will be considered for vacancies without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by prevailing state and federal laws, regulations and ordinances.
To Apply: Submit application or resume to:
RGPC- Industrial Rail Services
304 N. 5th Street
Norfolk, NE. 68701
Telephone: (402) 371-9015
Apply for this job now.