Careers -Nebraska Central Railroad – Car Repairman
Posted Date – 1/17/2020
Location – Norfolk, NE
Position Type – Full-time
The Nebraska Central Railroad Company (NCRC), is a 340-mile network composed of five former Union Pacific Railroad branch lines and one former BNSF Railway branch line. Trackage rights include rights to 70 miles of UPRR main line between North Platte, Neb. and Omaha, Neb. NCRC, through its connection with Union Pacific (at Columbus, Central City and Grand Island) and BNSF (at David City). NCRC is wholly-owned by Rio Grande Pacific Corporation.
The Nebraska Central Railroad Company is seeking an individual who has a desire to work in the transportation field as a car repairman. This position is responsible for inspection, maintenance, repair and modifications of rail cars according to FRA and AAR rules; and travel and work within assigned geographic area. Must be able to lift and carry up to 100 pounds frequently. Job will require individual to remove, fabricate and repair or replace parts using hand tools, power tools, cutting and welding equipment. Candidate must be able to work in all outdoor environments safely around railroad cars and heavy equipment.
Qualified applicants will be considered for vacancies without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by prevailing state and federal laws, regulations and ordinances
- Authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Ability to speak English in a clear, concise manner in order to communicate with coworker(s) and supervisor(s).
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, contractors and/or customers and effectively handle conflict situations.
- Must be able to read and comprehend regulations and instructions as well as possess good verbal communication skills.
- Must be capable of performing physically strenuous work on a continuous basis.
- Ability to perform heavy physical labor.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Previous Maintenance of Way work experience preferred.