Careers – Rio Grande Pacific Dispatch – Train Dispatcher
Posted Date – 01/11/2022
Location – Fort Worth, TX
The RGPD team is seeking individuals interested in rail traffic control to fill positions in Ft. Worth, TX. Train Dispatchers are accountable for safe work and operating practices, thorough knowledge of the General Code of Operating Rules (GCOR) and compliance with all Federal Railroad Administration Guidelines.
- Issue protection for on-track movements via radio and telephone communication.
- Completion of reports for Operations department.
- Performing tasks necessary for the efficient operation of the Dispatcher’s office.
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Must be a self starter.
- Must be able to perform multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Must possess good communication skills.
- Must have the ability to make decisions based on many variables and in a fast paced environment.
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel, Internet) required.
- Qualified Train Dispatchers preferred. Must be willing to become a qualified Train Dispatcher as a condition of employment.
- Valid drivers license required.
- Must be able to successfully pass operating rules examination and test on Train Dispatcher, Operator and Control Operator’s Manual.
Qualified applicants will be considered for vacancies without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by prevailing state and federal laws, regulations and ordinances
Apply for this job now.