Careers – Rio Grande Pacific Transit Group – Track Supervisor
Reports To: Project Manager
Department: Maintenance of Way
Positions Supervised: Track Crew, Groundskeeping Crew, Brushing Crew
The TS is responsible for general track, right of way and station inspection, upkeep and maintenance on the railroad corridor.
The TS is to perform daily supervisory roles and participate in tasks performed by crews. Primary Activities and Responsibilities include:
- Manage safe and efficient work conditions.
- Efficiently plan work and allocate resources to ensure timely accomplishment of tasks.
- Conduct efficiency and operation tests to ensure compliance with 49CFR217
- Effectively communicate across departments and with the client.
- Effective utilization of performance management and interpersonal skills to ensure timely feedback and coaching as required to maintain discipline and improve performance
- Ensure compliance with 49CFR213 track safety standards including, but not limited to:
- Track Inspections
- Switch Inspections
- Crossing Inspections
- Record Keeping and Compliance
- Comply with railroad operating rules, safety rules and any other applicable FRA regulation that governs the railroad.
- Any other tasks that may be necessary in the safe operation of the railroad
- Assisting track crew with track construction duties under supervision of track foreman or track supervisor
- Any other tasks that may be necessary in right of way maintenance
The TS is to supervise all crews in daily duties. The TS is an on-call position and must be available 24/7. Heavy lifting is required up to 100 pounds. Good oral communication skills are crucial. Valid drivers license and clean driving record is required.
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience in railroad maintenance of way
- 49CFR213.7 qualified.
- Authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Ability to speak English in a clear, concise manner in order to communicate with coworker(s) and supervisor(s).
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, contractors and/or customers and effectively handle conflict situations.
- Must be able to read and comprehend regulations and instructions as well as possess good verbal communication skills.
- Must be capable of performing physically strenuous work on a continuous basis.
- Ability to perform heavy physical labor.
- Valid driver’s license required.
Qualified applicants will be considered for vacancies without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by prevailing state and federal laws, regulations, and ordinances.