Maintenance of Way Crewman
Posted Date – 08/02/2017
Location – Belle Chasse, La.
Position Type – Full-time
The New Orleans & Gulf Coast Railway Company (NOGC), is a former Union Pacific Railroad branch line located outside New Orleans in Belle Chasse, La. The NOGC is a 32-mile long railroad that interchanges with the UP in Westwego, La. The railroad serves over 20 switching and industrial customers and is the only railroad operating east of Avondale, La. on the Westbank of the Mississippi River. NOGC is wholly-owned by Rio Grande Pacific Corporation.
The New Orleans & Gulf Coast Railway Company is seeking an individual who has a desire to work in the transportation field as a maintenance of way (MOW) associate. This position is responsible for maintenance of the track infrastructure including: construction, inspection and repair of the track, and other railroad properties and facilities; operation of the equipment used in these tasks, and, in some cases, maintenance of that equipment; and travel and work within assigned geographic area. Must be able to lift and carry up to 100 pounds frequently.
- Authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Ability to speak English in a clear, concise manner in order to communicate with coworker(s) and supervisor(s).
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with coworkers, supervisors, contractors and/or customers and effectively handle conflict situations.
- Must be able to read and comprehend regulations and instructions as well as possess good verbal communication skills.
- Must be capable of performing physically strenuous work on a continuous basis.
- Ability to perform heavy physical labor.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Previous Maintenance of Way work experience preferred.
Qualified applicants will be considered for vacancies without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by prevailing state and federal laws, regulations and ordinances