RGPC Industrial Rail Services – Director of Operations
Position: Director of Operations- Industrial Rail Services
Location: Texas Region
Supervisor: Vice President of Operations- Industrial Rail Services
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Summary: Rio Grande Pacific- Industrial Rail Services has an opening for an innovative person who has analytical abilities to manage the daily operations of multiple industrial rail served locations. The ideal candidate will be safety-oriented, have a solid operations background, and will have the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment. This person will be responsible to review, recommend and implement operations processes in order to maximize efficiency. They will be an effective on the spot decision-maker, as well as help with the Railroad’s budgeting and business planning process. This will be an integral part of this position.
- Conducting Accident/Incident investigations.
- Review of work reports and car movement records for accuracy.
- Hiring and supervising of Train Service personnel to include training, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, disciplining, and resolving problems.
- Knowledge, understanding and compliance of safety, GCOR, and internal policies and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of railroad operations, including, but not limited to, transportation, maintenance of way, mechanical, and clerical activities. Knowledge of FRA requirements and reporting specific to the operation and movement of trains.
- Previous supervisory experience in railroad operations required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred; or two years related experience may be substituted for each year of college.
- Certified Locomotive Engineer license preferred.
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing, with internal and external executive level management.
- Must possess a valid drivers license.
Qualified applicants will be considered for vacancies without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by prevailing state and federal laws, regulations and ordinances.
To apply: Submit request for Promotion/Transfer form by September 1, 2021 to:
Rio Grande Pacific- Industrial Rail Services
Attn: Chris Stevens
6100 Southwest Blvd, Ste. 320
Fort Worth, Texas 76109
To apply from the website: Apply for this job now.